- Financial Wellbeing
Boost Your Wellbeing Without Breaking the Bank
Organic green juices, HIIT classes, raw chia puddings, aerial yoga, flotation tank therapy…taking that first step to wellbeing can appear expensive and to some, daunting, but it doesn’t have to. If you find yourself turned off by the price tag or complexity of what’s on offer, here are some alternative ideas to boost your wellbeing in an enjoyable and inexpensive way:
- Take up Nordic walking – all you need is a pair of poles and you’re set for a lifetime of highly beneficial exercise that gets your whole body working - and outdoors!
- Go on a working holiday with the National Trust - for as little as £155 for 7 days (food, accommodation & transfers included) you’ll get to do important conservation work in a beautiful part of the UK. Good for nature, and good for you.
- Join a choir - singing is proven to have numerous positive effects on both your physical and mental wellbeing and is a highly sociable, feel-good activity.
- Download a free app that will boost your mental wellbeing - we love Headspace for guided meditations but Mind offer some interesting options too.
- Take the ‘Couch to 5K’ challenge – this accessible and supportive programme promises to get you running 5K in just 9 weeks.
- And once you’ve cracked 5k, there is Park Run - Free weekly timed 5k runs all over the world and a great opportunity to join a local running community that welcomes everyone and all abilities.
- Healthy eating on a budget - get your recipes from a source that is both health and money conscious - Jamie Oliver has a dedicated page. Also, check out our blog for some specific tips on this topic.